Monetary Reforms for Rise

Sep 22, 2019
One thing that is particularly loosing it's value with passing second in Rise is the in Game money.
There are several ways to earn enough cash but to spend it in practical case is only two Pokeballs and Revives (not as prevalent as pokeballs). One may argue that safari also costs 10k but that is easily reimbursed by selling to the low IV pokemons that is caught during the safari's 10 min.
With the easy availability of money and no means to spend it Rise has entered an age of extreme inflation where there is a net addition of millions of cash everyday and the newer players face the worst situation in paying the ever rising prices in the non retail market.
Its high time to think of reforms that could bring down the inflation in Rise and control the overall money supply.

I am listing a few below
1. Tax on Trade - two method of applying this -- I. put a fixed price for trade (say 10,000)
II. put a % of cash that is transferred (say 15% of the money involved in trade) and for a situation of a pokemon transfer charge a multiple of it's value that Aspens pays for it (say 2.5 times of the pokemon value at Aspen) similarly for item as well.

Arguably Trade is most used (rather abused) feature in Rise where people may engage over 100 trades per day putting a tax on it only ensure that there is a means for the built up cash of the game a way out. In the interest of new players not being able to afford a trade it is better for themselves since they won't be able to engage in trade till they have earned certain amount of money in game and will have a lesser chance of getting into unbalanced trades by value and would also reduce the complaint regarding the same meanwhile it doesn't affect the wealthy in any negative way they can afford to pay a premium to get what they want. (anyway the tax can be adjusted at any point in future)

2. Guild Tax - based on the level of guild lay down a tax (say 10% of the upgrade price to that level) charged per day from the guild bank
The other ever present feature in Rise is the guild (Who doesn't want a colorful tag before their name). Since it is a feature in demand why not charge for the same?, why not use this as a chance to get money supply in check?
people will still form guilds and most of them will consolidate into a few making it important to have active players or loose money. This will give new players a chance of getting into these guilds and support as well for their journey ahead.

3. Decrease the money gain from killing pokemons in wild
simply decreases the amount (say 1/5th of what it is now) of money that enters the game. To make sure that beginners still make easy money for first few days I also suggest to introduce easy quests like number of steps which will reward money for few steps traveled (say 5k for 1k steps, 10k for 5k steps, 20k for 10k steps), other than this also a beginner's only boost that will allow them to earn twice or thrice the amount of money from wild pokemon kills. There are gyms for badges anyway that offer coins and can be done once so that also adds easy money in the beginning.

Sep 22, 2019
and a person kills about 3 pokemons per second on an average
so if we talk of a minute you have something about 400 and about 200,000 per hour.
easily giving you 1000 pokeballs, 200 ultraballs, 150 revives or 50 max revives easily lasting 5 to 10 days
exactly what I am talking about that's how the inflation is rising in Rise.
The prices of pokemons (if someone stills sells it for money) almost tripled in past year the same the year before.

TRUST ME WHEN I SAY ALL THIS IS A CONSERVATIVE FIGURE

the actual case can be even worse

Jun 6, 2021
One thing that is particularly loosing it's value with passing second in Rise is the in Game money.
There are several ways to earn enough cash but to spend it in practical case is only two Pokeballs and Revives (not as prevalent as pokeballs). One may argue that safari also costs 10k but that is easily reimbursed by selling to the low IV pokemons that is caught during the safari's 10 min.
With the easy availability of money and no means to spend it Rise has entered an age of extreme inflation where there is a net addition of millions of cash everyday and the newer players face the worst situation in paying the ever rising prices in the non retail market.
Its high time to think of reforms that could bring down the inflation in Rise and control the overall money supply.

I am listing a few below
1. Tax on Trade - two method of applying this -- I. put a fixed price for trade (say 10,000)
II. put a % of cash that is transferred (say 15% of the money involved in trade) and for a situation of a pokemon transfer charge a multiple of it's value that Aspens pays for it (say 2.5 times of the pokemon value at Aspen) similarly for item as well.

Arguably Trade is most used (rather abused) feature in Rise where people may engage over 100 trades per day putting a tax on it only ensure that there is a means for the built up cash of the game a way out. In the interest of new players not being able to afford a trade it is better for themselves since they won't be able to engage in trade till they have earned certain amount of money in game and will have a lesser chance of getting into unbalanced trades by value and would also reduce the complaint regarding the same meanwhile it doesn't affect the wealthy in any negative way they can afford to pay a premium to get what they want. (anyway the tax can be adjusted at any point in future)

2. Guild Tax - based on the level of guild lay down a tax (say 10% of the upgrade price to that level) charged per day from the guild bank
The other ever present feature in Rise is the guild (Who doesn't want a colorful tag before their name). Since it is a feature in demand why not charge for the same?, why not use this as a chance to get money supply in check?
people will still form guilds and most of them will consolidate into a few making it important to have active players or loose money. This will give new players a chance of getting into these guilds and support as well for their journey ahead.

simply decreases the amount (say 1/5th of what it is now) of money that enters the game. To make sure that beginners still make easy money for first few days I also suggest to introduce easy quests like number of steps which will reward money for few steps traveled (say 5k for 1k steps, 10k for 5k steps, 20k for 10k steps), other than this also a beginner's only boost that will allow them to earn twice or thrice the amount of money from wild pokemon kills. There are gyms for badges anyway that offer coins and can be done once so that also adds easy money in the beginning.
u attending lots of history classes for sure

Jun 6, 2021
and a person kills about 3 pokemons per second on an average
so if we talk of a minute you have something about 400 and about 200,000 per hour.
easily giving you 1000 pokeballs, 200 ultraballs, 150 revives or 50 max revives easily lasting 5 to 10 days
exactly what I am talking about that's how the inflation is rising in Rise.
The prices of pokemons (if someone stills sells it for money) almost tripled in past year the same the year before.

TRUST ME WHEN I SAY ALL THIS IS A CONSERVATIVE FIGURE
the actual case can be even worse
In my opinion, its best to leave things as they are, there are methods of earning millions easily which you might not know but we do, so even if u apply all the taxes and stuff, ppl will simply adapt to it within a few months with ease

Jun 6, 2021
and the rates of pokemon will keep changing acccording to their demand and rarity, there is absolutely nothing we can do about demands of people

Sep 22, 2019
and the rates of pokemon will keep changing acccording to their demand and rarity, there is absolutely nothing we can do about demands of people
do you know that the rarity has gone down for pokemons while demand is almost constant so practically the prices should have decreased over the past year or so but instead it grew.
Plus the reforms are to make money meaningful again and not a complaint to lower the prices of pokemons in market place

Jun 6, 2021
do you know that the rarity has gone down for pokemons while demand is almost constant so practically the prices should have decreased over the past year or so but instead it grew.
Plus the reforms are to make money meaningful again and not a complaint to lower the prices of pokemons in market place
I still really wonder how will taxes help improving it, and what u are saying is "commission" not tax, as tax is paid to the government xD

Jan 31, 2020

I am listing a few below

decreasing the money earned from fainting wild pokes as well as selling pokes to prof can do the trick, as money inflation is serious issue for rise economy and everyone is affected directly or indirectly from it.

Jun 6, 2021
decreasing the money earned from fainting wild pokes as well as selling pokes to prof can do the trick, as money inflation is serious issue for rise economy and everyone is affected directly or indirectly from it.
In my opinion, if u need to decrease the money inflation then aspen should no longer exists, as many players (including me) have become rich by selling high lvl pokes to aspen

Jan 31, 2020
In my opinion, if u need to decrease the money inflation then aspen should no longer exists, as many players (including me) have become rich by selling high lvl pokes to aspen
if aspen no longer exists, then how will you escape 2k poke storage limitation xD. At this point, as everyone become rich which you mentioned earlier, then everyone got difficulty in buying stuff (shinies, leggies etc) and paying higher for it, which used to be cheaper before, hence making money useless in trading role. Like crazz said, suggestion is aimed at giving money more meaning.

Last edited:

xXLegacyWolfXx

Feb 28, 2020
The situation has almost become inevitable, as just one safari trip with good spawns could theoretically get you around the 50k's-70ks on trips. I could see this coming, and I have a solution. So Blazing Wants to get rid of aspen to prevent people from easily getting money. How about we just make it so that you cant sell safari mons, kind of like the starter you get when you first join the game? That way pc limits arent an issue, and people don't get to basically walk in safari -10k and leave +40-50k

Sep 22, 2019
For getting pokemons out of the pc there can be additional feature of releasing a pokemon. Releasing pokemon is one of the many standard feature in almost all pokemon based games. This will ensure that Pokemons also find an exit path from the game without increasing the money inbound from Aspen.
As per Aspen is concerned I am not of the opinion to take away the concept, it's something unique to rise and a mere adjustment to the pay amount can suffice to take care of the excess money brought in to game by this method.

Jun 6, 2021
if aspen no longer exists, then how will you escape 2k poke storage limitation xD. At this point, as everyone become rich which you mentioned earlier, then everyone got difficulty in buying stuff (shinies, leggies etc) and paying higher for it, which used to be cheaper before, hence making money useless in trading role. Like crazz said, suggestion is aimed at giving money more meaning.
giving away pokes , or maybe adding a "release" option might work

Jun 6, 2021
The situation has almost become inevitable, as just one safari trip with good spawns could theoretically get you around the 50k's-70ks on trips. I could see this coming, and I have a solution. So Blazing Wants to get rid of aspen to prevent people from easily getting money. How about we just make it so that you cant sell safari mons, kind of like the starter you get when you first join the game? That way pc limits arent an issue, and people don't get to basically walk in safari -10k and leave +40-50k
ppl dont earn money just from safari:ROFLMAO:, sewaddle tiles and shinx tiles exist for a reason.

Jun 6, 2021
For getting pokemons out of the pc there can be additional feature of releasing a pokemon. Releasing pokemon is one of the many standard feature in almost all pokemon based games. This will ensure that Pokemons also find an exit path from the game without increasing the money inbound from Aspen.
As per Aspen is concerned I am not of the opinion to take away the concept, it's something unique to rise and a mere adjustment to the pay amount can suffice to take care of the excess money brought in to game by this method.
+1 to what he said

Top Bottom