Closed August Battle Tournament

Which format do you prefer for the battles?

• 5 or 6 - 1 vs 1 Battles

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Last Poke Standing

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Groot

I am Groooooooooooot
Staff member
Nov 22, 2018
Space
Hello everyone,

Its time for the announcement of August Battle Tournament.

Restrictions:
  • No legendries, pseudo-legendries & their evolutionary lines, or mega evolutions, ultra-beasts
  • You are only allowed to bring Pokémon you can find out in the wild or must have been obtained from completing a quest
  • Pokémon bought from gold store can also be used (provided they are available in the wild)
  • There must be no held items
  • Use of moves which solely affect the opponent’s status (confusion, sleep, paralysis, poisoned, burnt or frozen) are banned such as confuse ray, will-o-wisp, thunder wave, etc.
  • Moves with 140 power or above are banned
  • Nuzzle, Fake out and false swipe are banned
  • Slaking, Snorlax and Rhyperior are banned
Team Format:
  • Team of 6 Pokémon (Max level 50)
  • Only those found in the wild, or *available* evolutions thereof
  • No duplicate Pokémon from the same evolutionary line; eeveelutions are the exception to this rule.
  • Alolan and Kanto Pokémon are not counted as same Pokémon
  • None of the Pokémon must be Pre-evolved i.e. some Pokémon which evolves at a level higher than 50 and the owner has it on level 50
While the Pokémon you use have to be available in the wild, they don't necessarily have to be Pokémon that you yourself went out and caught. You could have received them in a trade long ago, or even obtained them from boxes or the gold store, but a box/gold store Pokémon must be of a species you could go out and find somewhere in the map or must be a poke that is obtainable from completing a quest. (If you're unsure, please check with @ChefMike or @warviking @chaitugss before registering your team)

Battle Format:
  • All the battles must take place in the presence of one of the staff members who shall also oversee the match and tournament as referee
  • No switching of Pokemon is allowed during a match so if the participant bring out one Pokémon for battle it shall be used until it faints before moving to their next Pokemon
  • The participant with last Pokemon standing wins the match
  • During the time of a battle, the participant must not have any other Pokemon in their team other than those part of their team
  • In a case such that the Pokemon wins a match and is poisoned or burnt after it's opponent is down, it's owner can put it inside of the poke ball till the opponent brings out their next Pokemon to use

Tournament Dates:
29th August (Saturday) and 30th August (Sunday)

Timings: (To be decided based on discussion with participants)
Participants are requested to join the discord group which would help in discussing the timings

Discord Server Link: https://discord.gg/byYMysd

[Winner: 30 GOLD]
[Runner Up: 20 GOLD]
[3rd Place: 10 GOLD]
[4th Place: 2 GOLD]

Prizes would be credited to your account by Brad once tournament concludes

1599205594629.png

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2019
  • No duplicate Pokémon from the same evolutionary line; eeveelutions are the exception to this rule.

Just curious, why has this been a rule for a long time? Dont see any problem using pokes from same evolution lines such as Vileplume/Bellossom or Glalie/Froslass? Theres no issue with using 2 different pokemon from branching evolution lines they dont create any issues. Should be fixed for no duplicate pokemons in one team.

Mike

Redcap
Staff member
Nov 19, 2018
Null Island
picturesofwalls.com
when i set up my first tourney most PVP was just the same dozen tryhard poke, the restrictions i added were to encourage more variety (use your favourites), but this duplicate rule was kinda redundant because many of the possibilities were still box-only at the time.

Groot

I am Groooooooooooot
Staff member
Nov 22, 2018
Space
ye and just for the same reason i'd still like to keep it. But if majority would want that rule to scrapped, i'm fine with it too. Don't see much of a problem with that rule in place given the number of options we have currently.

Pretty sure even if it gets removed there would be barely anyone bringing both pokes from same evolutionary line xD

Groot

I am Groooooooooooot
Staff member
Nov 22, 2018
Space
Registrations so far:
  1. DragonFire123
  2. PokeDan686
  3. XPhantom
  4. REv3ng3
  5. Ash59daag
  6. Jameyboy2002
  7. JustMonika
  8. Anj1998
  9. Piplupandme
  10. DaOneSwagger
  11. shrynsh007
  12. Xmen1740e
  13. pokestar789
  14. tamizha
  15. smash18
  16. Kyreo33
  17. Fear_Origami_Kartana
  18. warviking
  19. xXLegacyWolfXx
  20. Glitch2005
  21. Vraknoch
  22. Ambrosia
  23. kenkaneki17
  24. GK
  25. NeoFireSoul
  26. dsp090909
  27. shashankp1
  28. Kataall
  29. Mozzzin1
  30. DiamondThoughts
  31. Kortovasan
  32. leo17hn

Last edited:

Groot

I am Groooooooooooot
Staff member
Nov 22, 2018
Space
Thanks to all those who have participated, prizes have been credited by Brad to the winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom