Giving Water More purposes.

KageYoshi

Oct 11, 2018
pokegamingparadise.createaforum.com
Hello it's me kageyoshi the only yoshi that never commited tax fraud (XD) i am here today to suggest you guys a familiar but refreshing mechanic.
Surfing and fishing.
Fishing.
So for fishing, i was thinking about making it so whenever you use the fishing rod, you'd have a small animation display, then every water pokemons nearby would get teleported near you in the water ofc. not close enough so you faint, just close enough to engage battle and catch them. i admit this idea isn't as exciting or isn't as easy. which bring me to my Better idea.
Surfing/Water Navigation.
Think about it, adding water-exclusive area that would only be reachable by surfing, like little islands or caves, you guys would have a TON more options, like adding pokemons exclusively findable in those surfing-required area's items hidden things etc up to you. we'd have to press a button or click something on our mouse or on the screen to surf once the HM would be teached to our pokemon. if they can learn it. we'd then engage on our pokemon and surf on the water (we'd be able to move around freely) as soon as we reach land we'd press/click the button again to get back on land. or you can take a different aproach i'm no dev ^^. This would open many possibilities, if you want more details or simply clearer/cleaner explanations just ask me. i think everyone would love this. Maybe not fishing. but focus on the surfing part :D
That's it for now as i said ask me if ya want more details or anything in general. until then thanks in advance ^^ -kageyoshi

Jun 29, 2020
How about tye player being transported to a new tile on pressing the fishing option and tht tile is filled with fish pokemon only and rarely spawns tentacools etc.

KageYoshi

Oct 11, 2018
pokegamingparadise.createaforum.com
dive is imposible, and fishing is insanely hard to code, surfing however is largely possible especially if we follow my idea and if we add surfing area that go along with it (Like caves and island only reachable by surfing as i said) it would work, forget fishing and diving i think my surfing idea would be easier to code and would be just as cool if not cooler.

Kyreo33

Jan 1, 2020
Unova
Surf is likely an option but fishing was meant for the main games not mmos and it takes a lot to create animations and making poke attack u when...you're fishing and u most likely won't' have your poke out. Dive only adds brand new kind of tile to create no point in that.

Nischay

Jun 29, 2020
tbh, I don't see any huge merit in surfing as all the water pokes that spawn far from bridges eventually come near to it and u can throw poke balls even when they are not near.

I believe that even though there is some interest in surfing, it will become very mediocre and not fun anymore, thus not the effort it takes to introduce the mechanic. I would rather get a water pokes included radar instead (desperately need more water starter tiles, that tile has no luck for me)

People do Safari for Money farming these days mostly. It is not that interesting anymore even though it has its exclusive pokemon. Surfing which does not offer any such exclusive pokes is even less attractive in the long run.

Top Bottom