gym gold & influx of shinies

Aquallo

Apr 13, 2020
Agree to gold shop list.
Disagree to gym gold a thing on weekends.
I think that the server economy is trying to balance itself out right now with the worth of shinies/gold/money and price in the gold shop.
Maybe we need to think of creative solutions to help balance the economy.

Aquallo

Apr 13, 2020
Have made it a probability to receive gold for defending a Gym, am seeing which works best happy for other suggestions
Hey Brad,

I just want to start by saying thank you for being a great developer, the addition of a ticket hype, radar and new things makes this game fun, so thank you! I am happy to donate my money to this game by buying boxes, Exp share etc..

Currently, I think the probability for gold is too low right now. I know we chatted in global and you said it's about 1/20 or 5%. A lot of guilds have been taking gyms and barely receiving any gold. I have personally taken upwards of 50 gyms and have received money 49 times and gold once.

I have been talking to a lot of players in global as well and everyone seems to NOT be interested in gyms anymore. @Joe said he was going to post something related to this but hasn't had the time yet so I'm taking the liberty of starting it.

I don't think the current model works. But I do agree shiny rarity needs to be taken into concern.

The previous system with gold for 20mins cap seems good but a little generous making shinies slightly too common and easy to get.

My proposition is:

Make gyms REQUIRE defenders to get any reward. I was putting level 100s into every gym I captured during the guaranteed gold updated. This helps me get gold and helps others gain money and experience by taking down my strong pokes, now though there is no point.
Gain rewards based on how long your defender lasts, each defender counts as 1 pokemon earning these rewards.Keep the timer at 15mins to add another pokemon. Each additional pokemon earns you extra rewards. This could help increase incentives to actually taking gyms and putting pokes in and not just leaving empty captured gyms. Gain rewards for every 5-20min interval(interval of your choice) your pokemon lasts. Maybe have there be options for Pokeball, evolution items, potions, mega stones, rare box only pokemon, gold, money, anything you want. And clearly list probabilities somewhere so that it maintains transparency.

Or easier fix is just to increase the gold to maybe 50% chance? idk these are all my suggestions. I'm happy for anyone's input or constructive criticism.

And to disclose any potential bias, keep this in mind that my bias is I am an old player from 2017, a donator, someone with many 100's, legendaries, a worked through Pokedex, a new Guild Leader.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Cheers.

Top Bottom