Happiness

Jul 31, 2021
I have an idea. I haven't had an idea in ages.

What is happiness in Rise? Well, happiness is the variable that increases by 1 every 250 steps you walk with a pokemon, or when that pokemon levels up. Some pokemon need a certain amount of happiness to evolve i.e. riolu, togepi, swadloon. For the majority of pokemon, happiness does nothing. I propose to make happiness in Rise more advanced, more meaningful, more like happiness.

So what do I wish for to change? I think more bonuses from high happiness is a start. If your pokemon is more happy, and the two of you share more of a trust, naturally, in battle you should be able to perform better than a pokemon and a trainer who don't trust each other. As happiness increases, the damage, speed, defense and the special variants of these stats may also increase. Apart from the benefits in battle, your pokemon should also be able to show how happy they are on the map. When your adventuring and have your pokemon out, perhaps high happiness pokemon could alert you of a special location. This location may be a loot ball, a rare pokemon, a pokemon of it's own kind, potentially a shiny pokemon. Your pokemon could show it's awareness of a special location with an exclamation mark (!) above it's head and a sudden dash towards the location. You could choose to follow or not. If you don't, the pokemon should ignore the location after a short period of time. If you choose to, this could also increase the happiness of the pokemon.

Now that's all the good parts. With more ways to INCREASE happiness, there should also be more ways that happiness could decrease. Say, if a pokemon doesn't get walked for quite a long time, it's happiness should start decreasing. You have no idea how boring guarding storage is. First, it could be in small amounts, but later, if the trainer still doesn't realise that he/she needs to walk his/her pokemon, it should start decreasing in large chunks. This could work as a motivation for players to come online more often to walk their pokemon. Also, to prevent players just walking 1 step and yeeting the poor noibat back into the storage, there should be a fixed amount that they need to walk before the noibat will be happy enough to not have their happiness decreased.

My final idea is something that has to come after nature comes. I'm thinking if a pokemon has a poor nature, at high happiness it could possibly change it's nature for the better. Also, if all of this were to happen, the way of keeping track of happiness should also be changed. The total happiness is 255, but we should add "checkpoints" . When a happiness checkpoint of a certain amount is reached, the pokemon will unlock some perks described above.

That's all I'd like to mention!

Last edited:
Top Bottom