Pokémon Packs (and a suggestion on the Pokedex )

Aug 20, 2020
Hi all, KaluX here.
I was just thinking of new ways for Rise to have a wider range of things to do (not that there isn't obviously) and came up with a few ideas.
Pokémon Packs:
The idea came from some of the other mainstream Pokémon games which I tweaked a bit to be more exiting and good for grinding tiles. So basically say if you were grinding in a tile for more than and hour or so there would be a chance for you to encounter a Pokémon Pack. A Pokémon Pack is a group of normally found wild Pokémon with a Pack Leader who would be stronger than the rest (around say level 20-45, not exactly a large challenge but still relatively hard to beat for newer players. Also if it is a 2 or 3 stage evolution Pokémon, for the 2 stage let's say rattata, the Pack Leader would be a Raticate. If it isn't a 2 or 3 stage evolution then it would just be a stronger version of the Pokémon with a slightly larger sprite so you know it's the Leader, kinda like a Totem Pokémon) and offer dropped items an other goodies upon being either caught or defeated. you would get 1-4 rare candies if you caught it (depending n the rarity) or other rare items like 5 premier balls if you managed to defeat it (again depending on the rarity of the Pokémon)
Rarity:
After grinding a certain length of time and after encountering a Pokémon Pack spawn the server would say something like this: Server: KaluX has encountered a Rare rattata spawn! and then either KaluX has defeated the Rare Raticate Pack Leader! or KaluX has caught the Rare Pack Leader Raticate! The rarity chances would be a 45% chance for a Common spawn, a 25% chance for an Uncommon spawn, a 15% chance for a Rare spawn, a 10% chance for an Ultra Rare spawn and a 5% chance for a Mythical spawn. On events ,Like the Christmas event, there would be different spawn drops and in general the chance for a Pokémon in the Pack to be shiny would be around 2-5% and for the Leader it would be around 1-3% (obviously very low cause the chances of getting a Mythical shiny Raticate Leader should be low otherwise the whole thing would be nerfed)
Quests:
In certain towns, you could find a Pack Expert NPC who would offer you Quests related to Pack Pokémon for hard to find items as rewards. He will offer you an Easy, Medium or Hard task to do daily.
Suggestions on the Pokedex:
Maybe at the side of the Pokedex you could have a little section saying Pokémon seen and Pokémon caught, saves a bit of time for people having to do Ctrl F on the search bar in the Pokedex to check it's completion.

Dec 1, 2020
Pluto
+1 but before it we need some more changes. Because this game is not like other games and there is nothing like encounter because two players can encounter a same pokemon at the same time. So, we need more changes before this and this is really good idea and i will post a suggestion tomorrow about some changes of battle system with a photo. I am working with that photo and I think I will be done tomorrow

Groot

I am Groooooooooooot
Staff member
Nov 22, 2018
Space
Suggestions on the Pokedex:
Maybe at the side of the Pokedex you could have a little section saying Pokémon seen and Pokémon caught, saves a bit of time for people having to do Ctrl F on the search bar in the Pokedex to check it's completion.
The radar more or less serves this purpose ig

Aug 20, 2020
yeah but if there is more than one person who is on the same tile where the Pokémon Pack then couldn't the server just say this? Server: Kalux,*insert name*, *insert name* and *insert name* have just discovered an Uncommon Weedle pack!" right?

Top Bottom