Poll of Pokemon Rarity

Jan 1, 2020
Unova
Hello Trainers,

My name's Kyreo and I would like everyone to post their opinion on the rarity of a wild poke. Commons are excluded from this poll. Once we have an almost full or full list, we can put down a thread for pokemon rairty due to people asking whether this poke is rare or that one is rare. Thanks!

-Kyreo

Nov 2, 2019
the reason this thread was created so that ppl wont get difficulties in understading whats rare and whats common

Mar 10, 2019
I know, but what's the point if some of us give wrong information? That's why I said it's better to confirm with the mods before posting.

Kortovasan

Sep 13, 2019
its not like it has to be perfect, but surly everyones colective opinion will be closer to the truth then what one person happens to stumbe across on there travels

ChefMike

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 19, 2018
Johto
that's the other issue, aye, any information we do collect could quickly become redundant.
i'm not averse to the idea, just not sure how we'd go about it or how useful it'd end up being in the long run.

Everyone, we can start by listing the known rarity of each pokemon that spawns in the wild, regardless of map re-gens.
It can be like this:

Common >>> One or more map(s) exclusively spawns the pokemon
Uncommon >>> One or more map(s) may regularly spawns the pokemon just after a few wild battles
Sparse >>> One or more map(s) may regularly spawns the pokemon only after many wild battles
Rare >>> The pokemon sometime spawns only after many wild battles but not fixed to any certain map

(For example)
Spheal --- Common
Aloha Vulpix --- Common /Uncommon
Gulpin --- Uncommon
Misdreavus --- Uncommon/ Sparse
Skiddo --- Sparse/ Rare
Eevee --- Rare
(This is subjected to my own experience)

We all can list what we know under common catergories, like what I used above.
Or we can just open up a wiki page somewhere in the internet world =_=:

ChefMike

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 19, 2018
Johto
"Known" rarity doesn't seem to be fixed across map regens though. Snow tiles full of Cryogonal for example previously didn't exist, then there were one or two, and now they're everywhere. A handful of snow tiles with nothing but Cubchoo were found on previous maps, but now Cubchoo just seem to be uncommon in with the abundant Smoochum.
Snorunt? Spheal? Delibirb? And this is just for the snow tiles.

Sorry all I seem to be doing in this thread is naysaying, I just think the variable nature of how rarity works in Rise throws up a lot of issues for this sort of project.

Kortovasan

Sep 13, 2019
i get where your coming from, and building on that a bit for tiles full of a pokemon like cryogonal. yes it will need to be updated with every map regen but i figure thats a problem for another day, might as well see if a list is feasable befor planning ahead to the next regen?

I can suggest 6 tires
Common - Pokemon like rattata
Uncommon-Pokemon like carnidos
Rare-starters ofc
Very rare-Pokémon like eevee
Extremely rare-pseudo legendaries (imo gible should be added in the wild)
Ultra rare-legendary/mythical
I don't have any problems with '' No''

-Dragonfire123 AKA Your trusty friend

Top Bottom