Closed Potential Tourney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2020
Hello everyone, I am thinking of hosting a tourney similar to the one chait did for R3zz in June. It will use the same rules as that tourney, as i copied below.
There are some things I am thinking of changing to make it more interesting, i would like some feedback to see if you are 1. interested and 2. think the ideas are good/bad.

the ideas I have for this tourney are;

1. mono type teams- meaning that there will have to be a running type for all 6 of your pokemon, you can use dual type pokemon but all 6 pokemon in your team need the same type
2. ot only pokemon- only pokemon with your ot are legal for your team
3. iv capped pokemon- having an iv cap for example blue iv, could help balance and give newer player more of a chance

I strongly like the idea of mono type teams as a different dynamic for the battles, it makes you think of team a little more.

PRIZE TO BE DECIDED, DEPENDING ON INTEREST.

This will be a Bracket - Style tournament (Every match is a knock-out)

Restrictions:
  • No legendries, pseudo-legendries & their evolutionary lines, or mega evolutions, ultra-beasts
  • You are only allowed to bring Pokémon you can find out in the wild or must have been obtained from completing a quest
  • Pokémon bought from gold store can also be used (provided they are available in the wild)
  • There must be no held items
  • Use of moves which solely affect the opponent’s status (confusion, sleep, paralysis, poisoned, burnt or frozen) are banned such as confuse ray, will-o-wisp, thunder wave, etc.
  • Fake out and false swipe are banned
  • Moves with 150 power or above are banned (Rock Wrecker, Giga Impact, Focus Punch, Hydro Cannon, Hyper Beam, Blast Burn, Head Smash, Explosion etc.)
  • Sky Attack and Nuzzle are banned
  • Slaking, Snorlax and Rhyperior are banned

Team Format:
  • Team of 6 Pokémon (Max level 50)
  • Only those found in the wild, or *available* evolutions thereof
  • No duplicate Pokémon from the same evolutionary line; eeveelutions are the exception to this rule.
  • Alolan and Kanto Pokémon are not counted as same Pokémon
  • None of the Pokémon must be Pre-evolved i.e. some Pokémon which evolves at a level higher than 50 and the owner has it on level 50

While the Pokémon you use have to be available in the wild, they don't necessarily have to be Pokémon that you yourself went out and caught. You could have received them in a trade long ago, or even obtained them from boxes or the gold store, but a box/gold store Pokémon must be of a species you could go out and find somewhere in the map. (If you're unsure, please check with @Kortovasan or @ChefMike or @chaitugss before registering your team

Battle Format:
  • All the battles must take place in the presence of at least one of @ChefMike / @Kortovasan / @chaitugss who shall also oversee the match and tournament as referees
  • The participants must submit their team prior to the start of the tournament and must refrain use of any other Pokémon throughout the tournament
  • During the time of a battle the participant must only carry registered Pokémon
  • There would be six 1 vs 1 matches with participants switching pokes after every single face-off
  • The decision on who would put the Pokémon out first in the first match-up will be decided by a coin flip 😉 and from then on, it would be alternate, meaning each player would get 3 chances to pull out a Pokémon based on their opponents Pokémon
  • A situation of ghost-normal type immunity match-up must be avoided. In a situation where say, player 1 brings out a normal type Pokémon, then player 2 must not bring out a ghost Pokémon (or vice versa)

Last edited:

Kyreo33

Jan 1, 2020
Unova
Rule #2 and #3 seem way too time consuming where the trainer may have the poke they want with good ivs but then have to find another one all over again and also having to catch(finding a poke and using many pokeballs can vary on each player)

Mike

Redcap
Staff member
Nov 19, 2018
Null Island
picturesofwalls.com
i'd have to concur with Kyreo; even though i've got over 100 trained level 50 poke, to restrict them to ones I'm the OT for and to put a cap on IVs would make it nigh-impossible for me to assemble a team. i could in theory start from scratch and train a new one (with one month's warning for the first tournament i held, i trained 4 teams to keep the "that's not enough time" crowd quiet), but i'd never have the time to do so with current irl commitments :(

Kyreo33

Jan 1, 2020
Unova
This battle format of the six 1v1 match is not so good due to the huge factor of luck like r3zz's tourney and the fact that the tiebreaker was all luck. I would like to suggest the Last Man Standing Format where you start out with the first pokemon then once one faints, the trainer can send in another and vice versa until the trainer with no more pokemon loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom