Shiny Hunting: A Guide

Jan 17, 2022
Having a 1/8,192 chance of spawning, shinies on Pokemon Rise are not easy to find. Hunting for them makes finding them way easier, though it requires lots of dedication and patience.
Here's a quick guide to shiny hunting, since I haven't really seen one posted here:

1. Be sure to note the exact coordinates of the area where your desired pokemon spawns(example: -1, -1 Alolan Vulpix). Then go there to begin hunting.
- Try to choose a pokemon that spawns more often compared to other mon in that area.
- If you don't know where your pokemon spawns, you can refer to this spreadsheet made by the staff team. (Note: Not 100% accurate)

2. Once at that area, constantly faint the regular pokemon you are trying to hunt so that new ones will spawn in their places.
- If you're lucky, you may find a shiny instantly, for any mon in the wild can possibly be a shiny.
- Every sixty seconds, a new mon will spawn in the area you fainted a pokemon in.

3. Repeat step 2 until a shiny spawns. Unlike regular mon, shinies sparkle the moment they appear. You'll be able to tell whether a pokemon is shiny or not right away.
- Note: A shiny stone does not make your pokemon shiny. It is an evolution stone that only works on certain pokemon.
- Remember to always carry around enough pokeballs(and a masterball if needed) during your hunt.

Feel free to comment unmentioned info that I can add to the guide.
Thanks for reading, and hopefully this guide helped you a bit. Best of luck!
- tofu

Last edited:

glitch2005

🦦
Staff member
Jan 30, 2020
The guide is concise and precise with just a very few info to be added in my opinion, I'll tell you what points you have missed and you can edit and them in your own words if you want. The chance on finding a shiny is 1/8192 to be exact. Every 60 seconds a new pokemon spawns in that tile after pokemon in that tile has been fainted so you will have to faint the pokemon in that tile until you find a shiny.

Any pokemon appearing in any tile and at any time can be a shiny, they sparkle unlike normal mons, shiny stone doesn't make a pokemon shiny.

If there's any more I missed, other players might highlight it in comments so don't worry, you can refine your guide. Great work :D

Top Bottom