The Various Happiness Evolutions within Pokemon Rise and how you can achieve them

Nov 25, 2020
*DISCLAIMER: If you see any misinformation or missing information be sure to leave a comment, your input is appreciated.

Before attempting any happiness evolution the shrewd player should know several principles of happiness evolutions. Firstly any Pokemon caught using a standard Pokeball,Greatball,Ultraball,Premierball or Masterball will have a base Happiness of 70/252. This same principle applies to any pokemon obtained through completing quests, bought from the Goldstore, or by purchasing Regional Boxes. The only way to increase the base happiness of a pokemon is to capture it using a Friendball, this brings base happiness from 70/252 to 200/252. When capturing a Pokemon that will evolve through happiness, you would be wise to use a Friendball. When a pokemon caught in a Friendball is traded happiness will be reset to 200/255 instead of 70/255. Rare Candies will increase level but will not increase happiness. There are only two methods to increase happiness after capturing a Pokemon, firstly a Pokemon who gains one level will also gain one happiness, secondly for every 250 steps you take in-game your Pokemon will gain one happiness. Let's say for illustration's sake, I have a level 12 Budew that I caught with a Friendball. This means it has 200/252 happiness, it will evolve upon reaching 220 happiness, this means I can either walk 5000 steps or level it up to level 32 in order to evolve it. Of course it is best to do a combination of these things in order to fastest meet the required happiness level. One other thing one should know is that if a Pokemon faints its happiness will drop by 1. Thusly you should keep potions and other medicines handy while travelling. Upon being traded a Pokemon's happiness will be reset to 70/252, you should be sure not to accidentally trade a Pokemon that will soon have a happiness evolution. The minimum happiness value required for all evolutions is 220/255. Once a player understands these principles they should also learn of the two types of happiness evolution and which type their Pokemon will undergo. The first type of happiness evolution is the traditional type where a Pokemon will evolve when leveled up with 220/255 happiness regardless of the time of day. The second will allow a Pokemon to evolve upon leveling up with 220/255 if and only if it is a certain time of day. For the purposes of this guide these two methods will be known as the "Traditional Method" and the "Timed Method". This guide will show the Pokemon that utilize both of these methods within Pokemon Rise.

Traditional Friendship Evolutions-
Pichu-->Pikachu(When leveled up with 220/255 happiness)
Cleffa-->Clefairy(When leveled up with 220/255 happiness)
Igglybuff-->Jigglypuff(When leveled up with 220/255 happiness)
Golbat-->Crobat(When leveled up with 220/255 happiness)
Meowth-->Persian( Alolan Form)(When leveled up with 220/255happiness)(Not currently in Rise, may change when Alolan Meowth becomes available)
Chansey-->Blissey(When leveled up with 220/255happiness)
Munchlax-->Snorlax(When leveled up with 220/255happiness)
Togepi-->Togetic(When leveled up with 220/255happiness)
Azurill-->Marill(When leveled up with 220/255happiness)
Buneary-->Lopunnny(When leveled up with 220/255happiness)
Woobat-->Swoobat(When leveled up with 220/255happiness)
Swadloon-->Leavanny(When leveled up with 220/255happiness)
Type:Null-->Silvally(When leveled up with 220/255happiness)

Timed Friendship Evolutions-
Eevee-->Espeon(When leveled up with 220/255happiness in the day time)
Riolu-->Lucario(When leveled up with 220/255happiness in the day time)
Budew-->Roselia(When leveled up with 220/255happiness in the day time)
Eevee-->Umbreon(When leveled up with 220/255happiness in the night time)(This evolution is not currently available but may be implemented in the future)
Snom-->Frosmoth(When leveled up with 220/255happiness in the night time)(This evolution is not currently available but may be implemented in the future)
Chingling-->Chimecho(When leveled up with 220/255happiness in the night time)(This evolution is not currently available but may be implemented in the future)

Last edited:

Mike

Redcap
Staff member
Nov 19, 2018
Null Island
picturesofwalls.com
very helpful, but a few things to note;

-max happiness is 255, not 252
-levelling up with rare candies doesn't give +1 happy for levelling up
-claims that "most" poke that evolve with happiness require 220; it's not most, but all ^_^
-trading a poke caught in a friend ball sets happiness back down to its friendball base of 200, not all the way down to 70 (or whatever the base for the species is)

May 11, 2021
there is something glitch in safari i guess is there i paid 10,000 but when i went i forgot to take out my pokemon so i respawned to pokemon centre when i went there again it's giving me safari balls and again asking for 10,000 pls help with this

Top Bottom