Small Change/Radical Change that might change the gameplay

Do you think this will be good?

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2020
Hi everyone,

This is the first time I am submitting my suggestions, I believe some of my suggestions should already be suggested by some other players, if not the same, some should be similar. This Pokemon Rise is the 3rd Pokemon fan made-game that I played, and amongst all, this is the most unique one due to the fast past gameplay that no one think it could fit well with Pokemon.
Lets get to the main subject and here are things that I wish it could be changed.

1. Guild System.
We all know many people complaints about the guild reward system. I believe we should abolish the 10k reward as not only it is destroying economy but it will also make the wealth gap between players become too large. And the main reason I strongly agree to remove the 10k reward system simply is because its BORING!
I dont think loggin into the game, taking down gyms, easy money gained, wait for some cool auctions is how we played proper Pokemon. Soon or later that boredom will strike and we might go quit the game earlier than we expected.
I believe we all prefer go out into some tiles and catching pokemons rather than taking gyms down. Hence, we should make a wealth, if not an easy one should comes from the pokemon we catch not by side-acitivity like taking gyms on.

Recommendation for Guild System.
Guild is actually crucial for any new players into the game. It helps us gaining big knowledge about the game, helped by members (I am in Varnith Guild and I felt I was guided well since I started play this game two weeks ago).
Instead of 10k rewards, this is my personal recommendation, I think we should change the rewards from 10k into a point where after collecting certain points it could exchanged with Guild Poke Box (non-cash Poke Box)
I know this is going to be new, what will be obtainable and the chance need to be discussed by the internal team themselves, I hope the pokemon inside will not be a pokemon that can significantly destroy economy (destroying price of certain pokemon should be okay, we have 700++ pokemon, there are so many useless and worthless pokemon out there anyway)

2. Legendary Spawn.
I am a new player so I do not know other than server spawn where could many Pros get their Leggies other than Regis.
I will just be honest, loggin in the game without any EXCITING AIM to do is really BORING in the long run.
Finding shiny is really depressing, maybe encountering one is a bonus because that day our luck shines more than a star in the sky.

Recommendation for Legendary Spawn.
I really hope Leggies that are not too precious like Regis, Birds, Dogs, Uxie and fam, Terrakion and fam should be obtainable not by cash in the game but either through exchanged or consistent spawn
For spawning:

I recommend to put them spawnable in a certain tiles, though the system gonna put the spawning rate very thin, many players will aim to get them and it will benefit their psychology as well because now they have something EXCITING to Aim rather than EV train or testing their luck on Shiny.
Even though for each month, there is only 1 leggies caught on that tiles, trust me even the players are mad (coz someone might catch steal / kill the leggies anyway), they are gonna be happier especially new and not too long players.
As for the leggies tiles, the internal team could put leggies on a tiles that could be at least 15 or 20 tiles away from the nearest town.

For Exchanging:
Maybe some leggies could be exchanged with guild points( if the changes above applied) / PokeBox Point
What is Pokebox point? (this could be something new, everytime Pokebox was used, the players that open it gain 1 point)
I know thats gonna be real cash there, but with it they could choose, the leggies should be limited by species as well, but at least we all players support this game financially, if the owner smiles, he could easily make us smiles too someday
The Pokebox Point could be controversial too, but who knows, rather than no new leggies?

3. Recruiting New Players.
Whenever there is a new player, that player will certainly boost the economy by buying and selling.
Small or big the amount that is, there will be an increase in daily transaction.
The current daily transaction really bad isnt it? Pros only want shiny n Orange IV pokes
Only some players like NightHawk/MCard98/KaluX/Supertalz/flyingpokemoncatcher and some players like to do transaction on a normal pokemon (I guess you understand what I meant by "normal")
If there were more players coming in, hopefully maybe they r also gonna buy real cash items like pokebox and any rare pokemon they got will definitely benefit Old and Pro players that have been saving their money long inside their pocket.

Recommendation for New Players.
This is the hardest, maybe the team should make a "Marketing/Advertisement Team"
We do not need to really advertise it by GoogleAds like that. Instead by contacting some youtubers that play Pokemon/Digimon and tell them to introduce and through them people will know what is Pokemon Rise and how unique it is.
Another recommendation is to contact privately through Instagram or pokemon community forum somewhere maybe?
Why Instagram? I noticed there are bunchhhhh of crazy people in Instagram that collect Pokemon TCG
Aim for them, they have habit to spend cash for TCG, they will not mind to spend microtransaction if they start to like this game.
They often didnt play other game than original game and TCG because there are no one introduces them fanmade-game.

4. New Activity/Tournament (Catching Contest)
If adding new details into the system are not hard, I recommend to add 'Date Caught' of the Pokemon like in Pokemon GO.
With this we could have mini-games (catching game) like Bug catching contest in HGSS for one certain species but what is valued here is the IV of the pokemon.
The game announce the tournament on a certain date, players with the highest IV take the price. What could be the price? Maybe something unique like evo stone that is not on the map or anything uncommon rare (Internal team should discuss further for the best gameplay)

5. Minor adjustment.
Though this is not important and very minor, I hope on the next update the team could add " , " in the trade display when money is inputed.
It could be tricky and sometimes misunderstanding if the amount was incorrect for every transaction that involve money.
For example 700000 and 700,000.

6. CRAZY RADICAL CHANGE! (This could be controversial)
This might be crazy but if the team could pull this off, not only will make Pokemon Rise more interesting but making it more complete as well.
What I felt after playing Pokemon Rise for nearly 3weeks, I felt a unique sensation, a gameplay with massive originality, however the battle could be improved in a certain way.
I know this is gonna be hard, but "can we make a player battle with a real pokemon battle?"
What I mean is like pokemon battle with turn based, ability, all the moves like the original pokemon battle.
But it is only for player battle. I repeat. Only for battle.

A hardcore but an Orthodox Pokemon player might be less interested in this game because the game is not very Pokemon.
I believe there are many website fanmade webgame as well that already offer only Pokemon Battle Simulation, we do not a next-gen graphic battle like flamethrower cool animation or anything, just a correct calculation on damages etc that crucial for the battle itself. If we could pull this off, Pokemon Rise gameplay could be the most innovative gameplay in this new decade.
Why?
You see Pokemon Lets GO Eevee in Switch, they catch using Pokemon GO mechanics, but the battle? Its original and authentic of Pokemon.
IMAGINE this crazy Radical Change, we catch/buy our own pokemon using the current method, but we battle with other player with the original mechanics.
Thats a very Innovative Pokemon gameplay I IMAGINE.

Thats all for all my recommendation.
I believe the internal team will decide the best for the game anyway with or without this suggestions.

Thanks everyone,
bahamutzero

Oct 28, 2020
He is right about the Legendary spawns. I would like the server to write the coords (e.g. -3,-3 , -17,11, -18,18, etc) not just the direction (e.g. southern east, etc)

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
May 12, 2018
Will reply to the rest later but to prevent people going on about legendary spawns, no, they're not changing, it's staying the way it is, we've had it say exactly where it was an people just complained because someone would catch it within 2 minutes. Spawns are not changing.

iPlayMaker

Moderator/Future is an imagination
Jan 21, 2020
Brad will give an in depth reply for this soon. As a player who played at the so said (bidoof spawned at 0,0) spawn system its not that interesting; as the player with closest TP gets the spawn. Or it should change to the older way where there's no TP (not recommended)
1. Guild reward makes guild relevant (reduce reward, don't destroy the whole concept)
2. Legendary spawn good as the way it is.
3. I don't think Commercials are allowed in fan based games.
4. Date of catch [Good idea but, what will be the date when a player in america catches it at his 1:00 midnight at the same time an Indian player catches it -Time zones mismatch]
5. Good.
6. Need Turn based? play other orthodox pokemon games and get bored going the same way that we been playing since i was 5 yrs. Rise is different from other pokemon games and that uniqueness makes it different.

Last edited:
Top Bottom