I dont know where to post this but here a little game i made

Mar 15, 2021
Is one of the Goomba's attack meant to make the screen do this?
1640171321887.png

Is the HP-restoring mushroom you can buy, which heals for more damage than the enemy can deal, supposed to have infinite uses? Will future builds give any indication of what items do before and during use? If you're not paying attention you might miss the only effect being your HP jumping up.
Why do the characters shout the number of damage they're about to do with the selected attack? If you're constrained by having to use speech bubbles, wouldn't it make more sense to have it the other way around, with the target saying how much HP they just lost?
The victory screen against the Goomba appears before you even make the last attack, and the attack selection keeps appearing even after the Goomba is dead. You can keep attacking the empty space ad infinitum, with the animations for being attacked also occurring in between. No HP or MP is shown but you might want to check if you can be killed on the victory screen.
1640172098608.png

The first screen with Kirby is confusing and will probably lead everyone who plays this to softlock on the first attempt. On level 1, Toad asks if you want to buy something, and gives you Yes and No buttons to click. It isn't immediately clear that it's a text box for you to type yes or no into to continue. I clicked the checkmark to get rid of the input box expecting another pair of buttons to appear.

The game softlocks after attacking this enemy.
1640172370727.png
Attacking it does not remove the "Attack or Ignore" text input. I'm not starting over. 0 stars, needs work.

KageYoshi

Oct 11, 2018
pokegamingparadise.createaforum.com
Is one of the Goomba's attack meant to make the screen do this?
View attachment 3544

Is the HP-restoring mushroom you can buy, which heals for more damage than the enemy can deal, supposed to have infinite uses? Will future builds give any indication of what items do before and during use? If you're not paying attention you might miss the only effect being your HP jumping up.
Why do the characters shout the number of damage they're about to do with the selected attack? If you're constrained by having to use speech bubbles, wouldn't it make more sense to have it the other way around, with the target saying how much HP they just lost?
The victory screen against the Goomba appears before you even make the last attack, and the attack selection keeps appearing even after the Goomba is dead. You can keep attacking the empty space ad infinitum, with the animations for being attacked also occurring in between. No HP or MP is shown but you might want to check if you can be killed on the victory screen.
View attachment 3545

The first screen with Kirby is confusing and will probably lead everyone who plays this to softlock on the first attempt. On level 1, Toad asks if you want to buy something, and gives you Yes and No buttons to click. It isn't immediately clear that it's a text box for you to type yes or no into to continue. I clicked the checkmark to get rid of the input box expecting another pair of buttons to appear.

The game softlocks after attacking this enemy.
View attachment 3546
Attacking it does not remove the "Attack or Ignore" text input. I'm not starting over. 0 stars, needs work.
when i tested it in dev mode, i had no problems, when my beta testers tested it, we had no problems, however recently scratch was updated and they have a tendency of breaking games when updating the site, not only that recently i tried playing the game again and it just... refused to load. while all my other projects were fine, so im assuming scratch 3.1 broke this project. i will look foward to fixing all these glitches. and if i cant... well who know what will happen of Retro Heroes. thanks for the feedback -KageYoshi
PS: yes one of the goomba attack is a blue beam that flash on screen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom