Mike

Redcap
Staff member
Nov 19, 2018
Null Island
picturesofwalls.com
Welcome to the Johto National Park!
1658342335004.png

Get your net and your comfiest shorts, because its time to catch some bugs!
As you may (should) know, the National Park holds regular bug catching contests. That contest now comes to Rise.

Your criteria are simple!
On Saturday this week (23/7), and at later dates currently TBA, you'll have the entire day to catch the best bug Pokémon you can. Any and all wild bug pokémon are eligible. Day starts in line with server time, which is in the UTC+1 timezone (meaning the start and end times are at the same time as the lotto draws). As in the Johto contests, pokémon will be judged on species (ie rarity), level and stats. There is no need to train anything you catch - judging will be based on the pokémon as it was at the moment it was caught.

Two placeholder pokémon will be caught at the start and end of each day's contest. To enter, all you need to do is catch bugs during the contest period. Only pokémon with you as the original trainer and ID numbers between the two placeholder pokémon are eligible to be entered. You can catch as many bug pokémon as you wish, but you can only enter one of them!
Once the catching period is over, you'll have 24 hours to post screenshots of the single pokémon you wish to be evaluated, here in this thread. That is all you need to do to enter! There is no need to register or declare interest ahead of time.

Prizes include shiny pvp-trained bugs, mega stones for bug pokémon, and rare candies, shared among the highest scoring players - you do not need to be the overall winner to walk away with something!

1658348122995.png
Get ready to catch some bugs!

Last edited:

Mike

Redcap
Staff member
Nov 19, 2018
Null Island
picturesofwalls.com
FAQ

Someone said:
How do I enter/sign up?
By catching bug pokémon during the contest period, and posting its details here once the contest period is over. You will have a full day to catch, and a full day to post the bug you wish to enter. The first contest period is the entirety of Saturday, so you do not need to do anything here on the forum until Sunday.

Someone said:
Can I trade/buy a pokémon to submit as my entry?
No. It is a catching contest, not a buying contest. For the same reason, bug pokémon obtained from boxes are also ineligible.

Someone said:
Can I enter a pokémon I already own?
No. The pokémon you enter must be caught during the contest period. That is what the placeholder pokémon I will catch at the start and end of the catching period are for - the pokémon you enter must have an ID number higher than the first placeholder, and lower than the second.

Someone said:
How will the scoring work?
TBD. Some combination of level caught, IV%, and rare/cool factor; still working on specific weighting. A low IV%, low level Scyther may well score more points than a high IV% high level Caterpie, although depending on how different those IVs and levels are, it might not. I'll finalise it before the first catching period, but the response and submissions for the first contest will likely inform the scoring methods used for future contests.
Training the pokémon you submit will have no bearing on your score.

Someone said:
Johto National Park? Do I have to catch Johto Pokémon?
No, you do not. Any bug caught in any location may be submitted for entry. In fact, in the original Gold & Silver games, no pokémon introduced in generation 2 could be caught in the bug-catching contests.

Someone said:
Can I enter pokémon from multiple accounts?
No. One pokémon may be entered per player, not per account. Attempting to enter more than one pokémon using multiple accounts may result in all of your entries being rejected.

Someone said:
When do I submit my pokémon for judging?
Once the catching period is over, there is another 24 hour submission period where you may post the bug pokémon you wish to enter. You may, as others have done, post your entry sooner, but that may give your rivals an advantage while they hunt for something better than what you've submitted. The deadline for submitting a pokémon for the first contest is 1:30am UTC+1 July 25th.

Last edited:

Mike

Redcap
Staff member
Nov 19, 2018
Null Island
picturesofwalls.com
Event is open. Apologies for the slight delay, work held me up. Catching period will still last 24 hours, so bugs caught until 1:30am UTC+1 tomorrow will still be eligible. Further apologies if you've already started catching. The first placeholder pokémon Id is 2927065. Bug pokémon entered must have an ID higher than this!
Good luck, may your net be strong and your catches stronger!

1658532788059.png

Update: Today's event is over! You now have 24 hours to submit your one pokémon for judging, which will commence at 1:30am UTC+1 25/7! Your entry must have an ID lower than Placeholder2:
1658619133981.png

NOTE: Where possible, please post a screenshot of the pokémon's profile with the "Info" tab selected, like so:
1658619548912.png
Original Trainer and Level Caught are the most important parts to display"

p67

Jan 4, 2022
[2927899] i post early cuz i‘m worried if i forgot to post
(pls don’t delete my post)thank you!

Mike

Redcap
Staff member
Nov 19, 2018
Null Island
picturesofwalls.com