Closed "hurt by undefined" bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2022
Johto
so, i was at -3,3. I went to -3,2 and I saw that my pokemon didn't teleport to me, so i used the left-facing bracket (its a shortcut to return all your pokes from an undefined distance) and freed them using the right-facing bracket. Once I did, my houndour died from being "hurt from undefined", of which i don't have footage of, but my furret got hurt by undefined as well, and I had time to screenshot it.
1657656143556.png

Mike

Redcap
Staff member
Nov 19, 2018
Null Island
picturesofwalls.com
the "hurt by undefined" is a recurring bug.

when entering an affected area, anything that is already present (wild pokémon, other trainers, your and their pokémon) will be invisible to you. anything that appears or enters while you are still in the area will be visible. if i came to -3,2 and you were there next to the exit, you'd be able to see me, but i wouldn't be able to see you, because you were already there when i arrived.

the "undefined" is the invisible wild pokémon attacking - they are still there to be fought, and can be fainted as normal, but care will need to be taken so as not to faint yourself on wild pokémon you cannot see.
note that anything that does spawn while you are there will become invisible again if you leave the area and return later.

should you need to use that area for training, there are three other interconnected graveyard tiles with the same spawn list. it's a good spot for training HP EVs.
1657666211388.png

Feb 24, 2021
I have something too, i was standing next to my poke, with no poke near me (they were visible on this tile) and then it randomly said, you have fainted and teleported me back to the pokemon center. Next time that happened, was when i was walking down one of those alleys (not near grass) and once again i fainted.... Is there any explenation?

Jul 10, 2022
Johto
I have something too, i was standing next to my poke, with no poke near me (they were visible on this tile) and then it randomly said, you have fainted and teleported me back to the pokemon center. Next time that happened, was when i was walking down one of those alleys (not near grass) and once again i fainted.... Is there any explenation?
its just the explaination above, apparently if ur poke gets attacked right as you go to another tile all wild pokes are invisible. at least thats what happened to me

Mike

Redcap
Staff member
Nov 19, 2018
Null Island
picturesofwalls.com
apparently if ur poke gets attacked right as you go to another tile all wild pokes are invisible
this is not how the bug we are describing here works. it is a bug on the server, affecting specific tiles in their entirety, and the effects will be felt by every player who goes to those areas.

the thing i think that has happened to you? you're clicking too much. click on an exit to a tile too many times, and the last of those clicks might be assumed to have been performed on the new area you just entered. your avatar then moves ahead before the new area has had time to load up on your screen, and without seeing it happen, you've run headlong into the grass ahead of your pokémon.

Feb 24, 2021
this is not how the bug we are describing here works. it is a bug on the server, affecting specific tiles in their entirety, and the effects will be felt by every player who goes to those areas.

the thing i think that has happened to you? you're clicking too much. click on an exit to a tile too many times, and the last of those clicks might be assumed to have been performed on the new area you just entered. your avatar then moves ahead before the new area has had time to load up on your screen, and without seeing it happen, you've run headlong into the grass ahead of your pokémon.
Oh, i see! Thanks Mike.
:unsure: I'll have to try stop clicking less, since i do click a load...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom