General improvement

Jan 9, 2022
I have played some of the older games but im new to Rise so if something's wrong i might have just overlooked it but i have some issues that should be resolved. If the issue is just me not playing long enough I would be glad about any Information you could provide, so thanks beforehand.

1. Map is pretty hard to read and even if discovered doesn't show the connections between the areas.
2. Learned moves aren't displayed with the pokemon information. This information should be added besides the "Info" "IVs" and EVs" stats.
3. Moves don't realy display what the do only its attack power (when a new one is learned). There should be at least som info like "ATK up" or what debuffs it can inflict.
4. When I open my Backpack to catch a Pokemon it appears in the middle of the screen, when i keep it open on the side it blocks quite a bit of it. Therefore i suggest that the size can be changed (drag or button smal/large).
5. Pokedex seems kinda useless to me as it can't be filtered (caught/not caught, types aren't displayed at all) and generally does not show any infos at all, evolutions I can only guessed.

Groot

I am Groooooooooooot
Staff member
Nov 22, 2018
Space
1. Map is pretty hard to read and even if discovered doesn't show the connections between the areas.
Read this guide and you'll be able to understand how to interpret the map.
https://forum.pokemonrise.com/index.php?threads/how-to-use-map-or-http-pokemap-site.736/
use www.pokemap.site to explore. The in-game #map only shows the areas you have visited

2. Learned moves aren't displayed with the pokemon information. This information should be added besides the "Info" "IVs" and EVs" stats.
Would be redundant, no? Putting the Pokémon out will show a mini menu with the list of moves it knows

3. Moves don't realy display what the do only its attack power (when a new one is learned). There should be at least som info like "ATK up" or what debuffs it can inflict.
The secondary effects on the stats of pokes do not apply to rise.
The moves only do damage and inflict statuses like poison/confusion/sleep/paralysis etc.
Stat modifier moves do not work here

4. When I open my Backpack to catch a Pokemon it appears in the middle of the screen, when i keep it open on the side it blocks quite a bit of it. Therefore i suggest that the size can be changed (drag or button smal/large).
The bag is as small as it can be, if you are playing on PC, you shouldn't have any problems dragging it. The game hasn't been designed for mobile. So we suggest you to use PC

5. Pokedex seems kinda useless to me as it can't be filtered (caught/not caught, types aren't displayed at all) and generally does not show any infos at all, evolutions I can only guessed.
You can do Ctrl+F in any browser, with pokedex open and search for the word "Caught" which will show the number of results and give you the number of pokes you have dexed

For additional info like evolutions, etc, you can use the below thread
https://forum.pokemonrise.com/index...-evolution-data-ev-yield-ev-suggestions.2458/

or you can also refer to sites like www.pokemondb.net or www.bulbapedia.org

Jan 9, 2022
Thanks for the answer that really helped and solved some of my issues. I took some time to think about it and the remining improvments would be:

2. To seee the moves a pokemon knows I would have to take it out of storage every time which is why an aditional tab would make sense. It would also alow to check the strength of the moves which is currently only displayd while learning a new one.
3. Adding "Nothing happens" to description of moves that do nothing would help newcomers like me. "Poison", "Confusion",... or "Restore" for healing moves and accuracy, if implemented would also be helpful.
4. I thought about that one and maybe a quickbar where you can put items you often use (Pokeball, Potion,...) would make more sense to prevent having the backpack open constantly.

Groot

I am Groooooooooooot
Staff member
Nov 22, 2018
Space
2. To seee the moves a pokemon knows I would have to take it out of storage every time which is why an aditional tab would make sense. It would also alow to check the strength of the moves which is currently only displayd while learning a new one.
Yeah, maybe can be added to the profile at some point in the future. Prolly a low priority one

3. Adding "Nothing happens" to description of moves that do nothing would help newcomers like me. "Poison", "Confusion",... or "Restore" for healing moves and accuracy, if implemented would also be helpful.
Does it not say the move is ineffective when you attack a wild poke? the update was added not so long ago

4. I thought about that one and maybe a quickbar where you can put items you often use (Pokeball, Potion,...) would make more sense to prevent having the backpack open constantly.
Not so tedious to pick from bag tbh, but having it will not do any harm either

Top Bottom